GOD, SHE’ SO BEAUTIFUL.
“I think those people go into those buildings and just wait for the day to be over.” - 3yo (totally…
Jailbreaking is a process that changes little by little with each iOS upgrade. Rather than always publishing new guides, we're simply going to keep this one up to date. If you want to jailbreak your iOS device, you've come to the right page.
Current iOS Version: iOS 8.1
iOS 8 and iOS 8.1 are both jailbroken. Currently, the jailbreak is for Windows only, but a Mac version is on the way. The jailbreak is compatible with all devices that can run iOS 8, including the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. You'll find the guide for doing so below.
Not sure if you should jailbreak?
How to Jailbreak
Just follow these steps to jailbreak your iDevice, or watch the video above for a demonstration.
- Back up your iOS device. Head to Settings > iCloud > Backup and select "Back Up Now"
- Disable the passcode on your device. Head to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and disable the passcode if you're using one
- Enable Airplane Mode, swipe up on your screen to open Control Center and tap the airplane icon
- Download Pangu 1.1 here. This is your jailbreak tool.
- Open the Pangu tool once it's downloads (Right-click to run as Administrator on Windows).
- Plug in your iOS device.
- When your device is recognized by Pangu, select the "Start Jailbreak" option.
- Click "Already Did".
- Wait for the tool to run. When it's complete, your iPhone will reboot. You can close Pangu now.
- Tap the Cydia icon to prepare the file system. That's it!
Not sure what to install first? Check out our jailbreaking tag page for some ideas.
Jailbreaking Options for Older iOS Devices
- Jailbreak for iOS 7.0.5
- Jailbreak for iOS 6.1.2
- Jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1
- Jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1
- Jailbreak for iOS 4.3.3 (the faster, easier, JailbreakMe Method)
- Jailbreak for iOS 4.3.3 (the old-fashioned, redsn0w method)
- Jailbreak for iOS 4.3.2
- Jailbreak for iOS 4.3.1
- Jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1
- Jailbreak for Apple TV 2G
- Jailbreak for iOS 4.1
- Jailbreak for iOS 4.0 and 4.0.1
- Jailbreak for iOS 3.1.3 and 3.1.5
- Jailbreak for iOS 3.1.2
- Jailbreak for iOS 2.2.1
- Jailbreak for iOS 1.1.4
Photo by oorka (Shutterstock).
A lot of people shy away from investing because it seems confusing and risky. But if you want to build your nest egg, you'll probably have to get over your fear of investing. If you did get over it, tell us how you got started.
Of course, we've written about this topic. We've created a basic guide; We've told you how to start investing with a modest amount of money. But, despite all the help out there, a lot of people are still overwhelmed by it. So we want to know—what helped you get over that intimidation? What were the first steps you took?
Tell us: how exactly did you start investing?
Today is the last day of Socktober and the boys and I are happy to partner with Kid President ( kidpres ) to spread the word and help some of our neighbors in need.
Visit www.happysocktober.com to find out how you can help! I’ll be dropping these off at the Open Door Mission today - the Socktober website can help you find the shelter nearest you.
It’s never a bad time to help someone who needs it.